Schwarzkopf Professional revolutionises the salon experience with its next-generation hyper-personalised haircare brand: SalonLab&Me.
After the initial roll-out in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, Schwarzkopf Professional is expanding its pioneering new business model to new markets, with advanced new features for an enhanced in-salon and at-home experience.
Schwarzkopf Professional’s award-winning SalonLab Smart Analyser combines hairdresser expertise with data-driven insights, to provide a truly personalised haircare recommendation for salon clients. Salon clients can receive a unique haircare prescription, matching their exact hair type, while hairdressers can explore an exciting new business model for their salon.
The mega-trend of personalisation is continuously evolving – based on data-driven innovation, SalonLab&Me allows salons and their clients to enter a new era of personalised haircare. In close collaboration with the digital unit Henkel dx, a new business-to-business-to-consumer (B2B2C) business model has been brought to life with the launch of the brand.
“We’re really excited to bring this revolutionary technology, that combines the invaluable hairdresser expertise with cutting-edge digital innovation, to life in the UK. The launch brings a number of exciting new features set to improve the customer experience even further.
"SalonLab&Me is a unique physical-meets-digital experience in which salons and their clients can explore the best of both worlds, through an exciting B2B2C business solution,” says Friederike Murschenhofer, Corporate Director Digital Innovation at Henkel. “Not only are we offering a hyper-personalised product, but also a matching digital experience, where end consumers receive personalised content matching their individual hair needs and goals.”
New ‘Before & After’ Feature
The award-winning SalonLab Smart Analyser’s latest advancement allows hairdressers to measure the impact of SalonLab&Me on inner hair strength as part of the SalonLab Analysis. This gives full visibility to the effectiveness of haircare products and serves as the ultimate tool to strengthen client loyalty, as it allows clients to keep track of their progress over time.
How Does It Work?
The Smart Analyzer measures the breakage of naturally occurring original bonds inside the hair and measures the ‘Base Inner Hair Strength’. Haircare products can create and maintain new bonds when used regularly, therefore for salon clients on subsequent salon visits, the hair assessment ‘Complete Inner Hair Strength’ can be measured, which represents the inner strength of hair after product use.
A New Business Model For Salons
SalonLab&Me provides a new and exciting e-commerce-based business solution for partnering salons, offering exclusivity to the prescribing salon: Clients can order their recommended SalonLab&Me regime through an online shop, which is exclusively linked to the salon they did their analysis with – while the salon receives a commission for every order made by their clients, regardless of whether it is placed directly in the salon or in between salon visits.
About The SalonLab Smart Analyser
The SalonLab Smart Analyser enables hairdressers to take the guesswork out of which products and services best suit each client’s hair type, by analysing hair at a molecular level. The pioneering technology uses a near-infrared sensor to measure the strength of the inner hair – and following its latest advancement, allows hairdressers to measure the impact of haircare.
This innovative analysis is combined with the hairdresser’s expert input to create a hyper-personalised haircare recommendation for salon clients: SalonLab&Me.
SalonLab&Me is the first hyper-personalised, salon-exclusive haircare range that combines the convenience of e-commerce with a full holistic user experience for salon clients, all within a simple four-step process:
- SalonLab Analysis
- Together with their client, the stylist fills out a user-friendly and easy to follow in-app questionnaire detailing the client’s hair history and goals.
- Following this expert assessment of the hair, the stylist uses the SalonLab Smart Analyser to analyse the inner hair strength.
- Hyper-personalised Product Recommendation
- The client receives a personalised product recommendation, matching their individual hair needs and goals.
- The products can be further customised with the client’s name and selected colour on the labels, as well as their preferred fragrance.
- Checkout and Sign-up
- The order process is fully digitalised – clients can purchase their individual products directly online.
- Personalised Haircare Guide
- To continue the SalonLab&Me journey, clients can log into their account on the SalonLab&Me website (salonlabandme.com) to review their personal hair score and order history, repurchase products, and explore a range of personalised blog articles based on their hair type and selected products, giving clients exclusive access to professional product expertise at home.
SalonLab&Me will be available in the UK from summer 2023.
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with Schwarzkopf Professional.