ELEVEN Australia UK and Wonderful Brands are getting involved with April's Earth Month 2022 by encouraging all salons to bring a new plant into their salon.
All ELEVEN Australia salons have been sent a cardboard tag to go in their plant. Salons will take a picture, post it on their social accounts tagging ELEVEN Australia
and Wonderful Brands
as well as using the hashtag #elevenxplantforair. As a thank you for joining in with the campaign, salons will receive a free sample bottle of brand-new ELEVEN Australia Gentle Clean shampoo – their new favourite Chamomile Extract and Aloe Leaf Juice, that soothes the scalp and hydrates hair.
Throughout April, ELEVEN Australia will be sharing information on their Instagram, on how plants improve working environments as well as making salons look more beautiful.
Here are some key facts and stats which break down how much even one small plant could improve your salon environment:
- Indoor environments have become a major health consideration, with people spending 80-90% of their time indoors.
- A Harvard University study showed that poor indoor air quality was linked to low cognitive function and that reducing pollutants and carbon dioxide can have a "profound impact" on decision-making.
- Indoor potted plants help manage carbon dioxide levels and can remove air-borne contaminants.
- A study from The University of Technology Sydney found that in workspaces with plants, CO2 levels reduced by around 10% in an air-conditioned building and 25% in a building without air-conditioning.
- Studies have shown that having plants at home or in the workplace positively affect our physical health and mental wellbeing, improve sleep, boost healing and deter illness.
HJ have got a whole host of environmental and sustainability-tailored content lined up for Sustainability Week 2022 (running from 25-29 April). Be sure to check it out here