At HJ we love sharing your incredible work on our Instagram page, and it's fair to say that 2023 has been dominated by online trends influencing the creativity of both clients and hairdressers alike. Our grid represents every hairdresser from the Avant Garde and fashion focused to the technically adept, salon-friendly stylists. We've run the numbers to find out which 10 posts our followers have loved the most this year, so take a look - and make sure to follow us!
1. We love this delicately placed, stripey creation from Giovanni Bissoli
3. This look was created by Andrea Dorata and Dorata Art Team for their Urbana collection and was inspired by retro street culture.
5. We talked about new research into sugar and hair loss and this quote from Mark Blake, Nioxin Trichologist, resonated with a lot of you.
6. We love that you loved this picture of all our winners from the British Hairdressing Business Awards 2023, an inspirational night with industry greats!
7. You couldn't wait to meet the British Haridressing Awards 2023 finalists, and this year's nominees did not disappoint!
8. Charlotte O Flanagan's blended stripes used everything from carnation pink and apricot to bright daffodil and fluorescent orange to create this fruit salad-inspired look.
9. This image from Paul Edmonds' AI inspired collection explored the transformative revolution in the beauty industry and took us into an AI Wonderland!
10. We paid tribute to the late Queen of Rock & Roll, Tina Turner, who sadly passed away in May. Tina's iconic hairstyles and use of wigs influenced generations of mullets, blow outs and wolf cuts, and we loved looking back at them with you.
Check out our Top 10 Instagram Reels of 2023 to see which transformations and cuts were popular this year.