Sometimes all you need to do is give gorgeous curls a little zhuzh and Michelle Sultan for BaByliss PRO shows us how with the below curly hair step by step.
Keep scrolling to see the step-by-step images.
- Start by prepping the hair - make sure you’re working with clean, dry hair and apply a heat protection spray.
- Use a wide toothed comb to separate and define some of the curls, and determine the areas you’re going to want to enhance.
- Set your curling wand or tong to a temperature of 180° - curly hair can be very fine and fragile and doesn’t require too much heat to set it.
- Using a wand with a thin barrel - I used the BaByliss PRO Titanium Expression 10mm Ultra-Slim Wand - go through the hair and choose sections to add more curl to. Wrap the hair fully around the barrel and release between around 5 to 8 seconds.
- My trick here is to alternate between the size of tool I’m using, switching between a 10mm and 13mm barrels will give you a variety of different size curls and an overall multi-dimensional look.
- Run your fingers through the curls to break them up gently and create a more relaxed appearance. Use a light hairspray to set the curls, and if preferred you can use a drop of hair oil to reduce any remaining frizz. My top tip is to shake out the curls upside down to maximise volume but keep curl definition.
BaByliss PRO Titanium Expression 13mm Curling Tong
BaByliss PRO Titanium Expression 10mm Ultra-Slim Wand
This is a sponsored post in collaboration with BaByliss PRO.