Big crimping - how to get the look from lfw
03rd Mar 2020
and wet look hair
reigned supreme for the hair for AW20 there was an unsung style that turned heads at LFW - big crimped flat waves. Seen at the Bora Aksu AW20 show, the look was a show stopper created by lead hair stylist Daniel Martin for L’Oréal Professionnel
His muse for the look was Hilma af Klint, a Swedish abstract artist and mystic. “We want it to look ethereal and a little bit spiritual. These are soft, flat waves that are slightly irregular with dry texture,” says Daniel.
- Section hair into a centre parting. For thicker hair textures, create a concealed braid or bun underneath to reduce density so the hair feels light and airy.
- Prime hair with L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Beach Waves spritzed over the top layers and diffuse the product in for a dry, textured finish.
- Use a triple barrel waver tool to create flat waves that are slightly irregular, not uniform.
- Once cooled and set, brush out and spritz the front and ends with L’Oréal Professionnel
TECNI.ART Morning After Dust to open up the waves.
- As a finishing touch, flick L’Oréal Professionnel TECNI.ART Super Dust lightly onto the ends to enhance the dry texture.